South Eastern Europe
The creation of ISoP’s South Eastern European chapter (SEEC) was officially announced on 1st November 2012 at the Annual ISoP Meeting in Cancun (AGM).
ISoP South Eastern Europe Chapter
This chapter includes members from the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
The South Eastern European Chapter will have an educational role with the objective to increase knowledge and to provide training in the field of Pharmacovigilance. SEEC will also foster relations between regulatory agencies, academia, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, health institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOS) as well as “recruit” new ISoP members in member countries.
Our activity and collaboration through the SEEC could have many potential benefits for the member countries and for SEEC members, such as:
- Address Pharmacovigilance needs of the member countries
- Help respective countries who need assistance with Pharmacovigilance activities
- Seek funds, grants, and fellowships to promote Pharmacovigilance in the South-Eastern European countries
- Encourage Pharmacovigilance education at all levels
- Provide regional trainings and seminars in the field of pharmacovigilance as well as certification of pharmacovigilance professionals
- Exchange of ideas and share experience between our members and the members of other chaptersCreate training opportunities for members of the chapter to be trained at Pharmacovigilance Centers in other non-member countries
- Enhance awareness of health professionals and advocate for the increase of spontaneous reporting of adverse events/reactions
- Create registries
- Increase awareness amongst patients and the general public about adverse reactions
- Encourage and extend research in the field of Pharmacovigilance
- Promote a regular exchange of information about Pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, symposia, workshops, bulletins, and trainings
- Cooperate with other organizations and societies concerned with Pharmacovigilance such as the International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) and World Health Organization (WHO)
- Collaborate on scientific other relevant publications related to
- Pharmacovigilance in member countries
- Help members to find a job in the field of Pharmacovigilance by sharing information about job opportunities
All of the ISoP members, who currently live in other countries, but have professional or personal ties with the South-Eastern European countries are welcome to join this Chapter.
All ISoP members based in the South-Eastern European countries are automatically eligible to be part of this Chapter at no extra cost. In order to be a member of this chapter, you have to pay the annual IsoP membership fee. However, participation is voluntary.
Some of the South-Eastern European countries (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Republika Srpska, Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro) are eligible for the reduced membership fee of 95 EUR. For the other countries such as Croatia, Greece, and Slovenia, the membership fee is 215 EUR.
South Eastern Europe Pharmacovigilance Centre Location
School of Pharmacy
PO Box 146
Vojvode Stepe 450, 11221 Belgrade
Republic of Serbia
Would you like to join or learn more about this chapter? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org