Resources - Drug Safety, ISoP official journal
Drug Safety, ISoP official journal
Drug Safety is the premier international journal covering the disciplines of pharmacovigilance, pharmacoepidemiology, benefit-risk assessment, risk management and medication error prevention. Drug Safety advances the rational use of pharmacotherapy by publishing reviews and original research articles offering guidance for safe and effective drug utilization and prescribing.
Drug Safety offers a range of additional features designed to increase the visibility, readership and educational value of the journal’s content. Each article is accompanied by a Key Points summary, giving a time-efficient overview of the content to a wide readership. Articles may be accompanied by plain language summaries to assist readers who have some knowledge of, but not in-depth expertise in, the area to understand the scientific content and overall implications of the article. The journal also provides the option to include various types of digital features including animated abstracts, video abstracts, slide decks, audio slides, instructional videos, infographics, podcasts and animations. All additional features are peer reviewed to the same high standard as the article itself. Drug Safety is published by Springer Nature.
Register for TOC / Alerts
Get the table of contents (TOC) of every new issue published in Drug Safety by signing up for alerts on the journal homepage (on the right inside menu).
Discounted subscription for members
Drug Safety is available online for our members at a discounted price
New horizons for ISoP
“A New President’s Vision for International Pharmacovigilance” Article published in Drug Safety (January 2020).
ISoP editorials are now a regular feature of our associated journal, Drug Safety. Recent articles include:
- The International Society of Pharmacovigilance (ISoP) Pharmacogenomic Special Interest Group: Pharmacogenomics in Pharmacovigilance (Qun-Ying Yue – May 2021).
- An Update of the North American Chapter of the International Society of Pharmacovigilance (NASoP)(Gossell-Williams, M., Kugener, V.F., Salas, M. et al. April 2021).
- ISoP Fellowships: Recognising and Promoting Leaders in Pharmacovigilance (Deirdre McCarthy – March 2021).
- The International Society of Pharmacovigilance (ISoP) Special Interest Group on Herbal and Traditional Medicines: Towards Progress in Pharmacovigilance for Herbal and Traditional Medicines and Other “Natural Health” Products (Joanne Barnes; July 2020).
- The role of pharmacovigilance and ISoP during the global COVID-19 pandemic (Rebecca Chandler; June 2020).
- ISoP Fellowships: Recognising Contributions to the Goals of ISoP (Deirdre McCarthy & Mira Harrison-Woolrych; April 2020).
Guidelines for publication of adverse drug reaction reports in Drug Safety
Recommendations of a joint ISoP-ISPE group on the guidelines for the submission and publication of adverse drug reaction reports. This paper is published simultaneously in Drug Safety, ISoP’s official journal, and in Pharmacoepidemiology and drug safety, ISPE’s journal.
If ever you submit an adverse drug reaction report to a journal, please respect these recommendations, and cite this paper: Click here for the Guidelines for publication of Adverse Drug Reaction reports
The content of this paper represents ISoP position, and not only its authors’.