Chapters - Africa
ISoP Africa Chapter Conference 2021
Setting the stage for Pharmacovigilance inspections in Africa
- Was delivered virtually as a Zoom Webinar
On AUGUST 04, 11 & 18 2021 from 11.00 to 14.00 UTC-GMT
African Chapter of ISoP
The chapter will have an educational role with the objective to develop and foster pharmacovigilance in African countries. It will also promote a regular exchange of information on pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organised congresses.
- Develop and foster Pharmacovigilance in African countries
- Support African countries in need of strengthen their Pharmacovigilance systems
- Address Pharmacovigilance needs arising from the African region
- Encourage and extend research in the field of Pharmacovigilance
- Promote a regular exchange of information on Pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, symposia, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organise African chater congresses
- Encourage Pharmacovigilance education at all levels
- Collaborate with other organizations and societies concerned with Pharmacovigilance
- Publish scientific and other relevant aspects relating to Pharmacovigilance in African countries
- Engage in other activities which are pertinent to Pharmacovigilance
- Seeking funds, and awarding grants, fellowships, subventions and other contracts to promote Pharmacovigilance in African countries
- Participate as competent stakeholders in championing PV expertise in the formation of Pharmacovigilance framework in the development of African Medicines Agency.
The leaders of the ISoP African Chapter recently published in Drugs & Therapy Perspectives the paper “The challenging times and opportunities for pharmacovigilance in Africa during the COVID‑19 pandemic”.
Anyone interested in joining ISoP and the African Chapter of ISoP is invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ISoP Africa Chapter Virtual Meeting 2020
03 September 2020 – 12.00 to 14.00 UTC (via ISoP Zoom platform)
This virtual meeting formally launched the ISoP Africa Chapter and its main theme was “Pharmacovigilance in Africa: preparing for effective surveillance of COVID-19 remedies”.
Click here for Programme
The elections to the new Executive Committee of the African chapter took place successfully in October 2019.
Elected Executive Committee members
Helen Byomire Ndagije,