Chapters - Africa
ASoP Executive Committee Elections 2019
The elections to the new Executive Committee of ASoP will take place from 4 to 16 October 2019.
The positions to be filled at ASoP are: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The four persons receiving the highest number of votes will then be requested to form the new Executive Committee of ASoP and divide activity-based tasks between them.
There will be an on-line ballot among African members of ISoP to decide who will be the successful candidates.
Full information on the web voting procedure has been e-mailed to all paid-up African members. This web voting procedure will ensure confidentiality.
African Chapter of ISoP (ASoP)
The creation of the ASoP was officially announced at the WHO Programme meeting in Rabat on 3rd November 2009, where representatives from 16 nations all across Africa met to discuss a pharmacovigilance society for professionals working around the continent.
The chapter will have an educational role with the objective to develop and foster pharmacovigilance in African countries. It should also promote a regular exchange of information on pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organising congresses.
The bureau was elected by consensus during the meeting and is constituted by:
President: Rachida Soulaymani-Bencheikh (Morocco)
Vice-President: Ambrose O Isah (Nigeria)
Secretary-General: Raja Benkirane (Morocco)
- Develop and foster Pharmacovigilance in African countries
- Help African countries which need assistance to put in place Pharmacovigilance activities.
- Address Pharmacovigilance needs arising from African area
- Encouraging and extending research in the field of Pharmacovigilance
- Promoting a regular exchange of information on Pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, symposia, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organising ASoP congresses
- Encouraging Pharmacovigilance education at all levels
- Cooperating with other organizations and societies concerned with Pharmacovigilance: WHO, UMC, UMC Africa, ISoP
- Publishing scientific and other relevant aspects relating to Pharmacovigilance in African countries
- Engaging in other activities which are pertinent to Pharmacovigilance
- Seeking funds, and awarding grants, fellowships, subventions and other contracts to promote Pharmacovigilance in African countries
Moroccan Pharmacovigilance Centre Location
Rue Lamfedel Cherkaoui,
Rabat Institut, Madinate Al Irfane,
B.P. 6671,Rabat 10100, Morocco
Tel: 00 212 537 68 64 64
Fax : 00 212 5 37 77 71 79
Anyone interested in joining ISoP and the African Chapter of ISoP is invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Coordinating Group:
Ambrose O Isah,