Chapters - North America (NASoP)
This chapter includes members from Canada and USA.
All ISoP members, who currently live in other countries, but have professional ties with the North American countries are welcome to join this Chapter (including and not restrictive to Mexico, Bahamas, etc…).
The chapter will provide a platform for promoting Pharmacovigilance to a broader audience, educating and communicating on all its current and future aspects and its vital impact in the Drug development process and Health care system.
It aims at being inclusive of the many already existing associations and businesses whose common goal is a better understanding of what PV is, fostering the relationships with existing PV stakeholders and new one, such as patients group and therefore strengthen this specialty on the North American continent and develop the PV specialists of the next generations working on the PV issues of tomorrow.
By means of meetings, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organising NASoP congresses, and using existing professional social media supports and creating NASoP App.
- Encouraging and extending research in the field of 21st century Pharmacovigilance, embedding Pharmacogenomics, Pharmacoepidemiology tools
- Promoting a regular exchange of information on Pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, symposia, workshops, bulletins, trainings and specifically organising NASoP congresses
- Creating a NASoP App for easier, broader communication with all Stakeholders of Pharmacovigilance
- Encouraging Pharmacovigilance education at all levels
- Embedding Pharmacovigilance in Health Care Professionals academic trainings
- Cooperating with other organizations and societies concerned with Pharmacovigilance: WHO, UMC, ISoP
- Publishing scientific and other relevant aspects relating to Pharmacovigilance
- Providing a platform for debate and communication among the principal stakeholders of adverse drug reactions, including patients’s organization
NASoP COVID-19 Working Group
NASoP has recently launched a COVID-19 Working Group to address multiple aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic from the perspective of the Pharmacovigilance practice. Topics currently being explored include:
- The role of Pharmacovigilance in accelerated drug approvals for COVID-19 treatments
- The impact of COVID19 in AE reporting and assessment from ongoing clinical trials and post-marketing data
- Safety considerations in Off-label drug use for COVID-19
- Exploration of vaccines and drugs in development
- Health Authority interactions regarding COVID-19 treatment
- The role of collaboration and data sharing across the healthcare industry
If you are a current member of ISoP and would like to join the NASoP COVID-19 working group or are part of another ISoP chapter and would like to collaborate, please reach out to Veronique Kugener, NASoP Chair or Kenneth Maynard, NASoP Secretariat.
Visit the new section of the website dedicated to information on pharmacovigilance of medicinal products used to treat and prevent COVID-19 (coronavirus). Click here
NASoP Annual Meeting 2018
November 2nd, 2018 – Roundtable: Structured Benefit-Risk Assessment Across the Therapeutic Product Lifecycle
Takeda Boston – For more information, please click here
Most of the presentations of the NASoP Annual Meeting 2018 are now available on the Members Section of the website. Click here to access to the presentations (for ISoP members only).
Anyone interested in joining ISoP and the North American Chapter of ISoP is invited to contact email@example.com