Chapters - South Asia
Welcome to the South Asian Chapter
India and other South Asian countries populations were hit hard by the COVID pandemic, and the initiative of the South Asia Chapter to safeguard public lives and health and safety will provide a boost to Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safety, not only in India but the four other South Asian countries namely Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bhutan, which are part of this Chapter.
The Chapter leaders have a great vision and a charted out road map to have governance structure, a team of executives, and working policies, which will ensure the organization of PV awareness with education programs, in collaboration with Academia, Industry, Regulatory Authorities, and other important international stakeholders such as WHO, DIA, UMC, PVPI, etc.
To understand the roadmap, here are some indicators:
- Initiate, encourage, and support the Pharmacovigilance education and research in all health profession courses.
- Support the existing Pharmacovigilance Programme of India (PPI).
- Establish or Strengthen the Pharmacovigilance systems in South Asian Countries.
- Bring together the Pharmacovigilance systems in South Asia Countries to cooperate and collaborate in identifying the safety signals of medication.
- Improve the industry, academia, and regulatory collaboration for monitoring the safety of medications and vaccines in particular.
- Percolate the activities of ISoP in South Asian Countries through meetings, symposia, workshops, conferences, and training programmes.
- Publish the scientific papers and periodicals on important aspects of Pharmacovigilance activities in South Asian Countries.
All persons interested in pharmacovigilance activities in the region are welcome and invited to be a member of ISoP and the South Asia Chapter. Join ISoP here.
Contact ISoP Administration for further information.